Yoo In Na and IU reveal they were mistaken as chodings in America


Article: Yoo In Na, "Went on vacation to America with IU, everyone thought we were elementary/junior high school kids"

Source: Mydaily via Daum

1. [+1,288, -178] Probably because their heights and bodies look like chodings

2. [+1,134, -30] My unni lives in New York and she's over 40 years old but people think she's in her twenties. Just like how we're bad at guessing westerner ages, westerners aren't really good at guessing Asian ages either. But then again, Asians are pretty youthful looking in general.

3. [+714, -47] You look younger the less defined your features are ㅋㅋ westerners have more dimensional faces so Asians by comparison look younger.

4. [+370, -3] White people are pretty bad at guessing Asian ages

5. [+367, -24] IU has a choding body even by Korean standards tsk tsk tsk

6. [+301, -4] I remember an American singer had a concert in Korea and they said in an interview that they have a ton of junior/high school fans in Korea ㅋㅋㅋ but when I saw the concert footage, everyone was actually in their twenties ㅋㅋ

7. [+250, -15] IU's considered a choding by Korean standards too

8. [+257, -65] I understand mistaking IU as a choding but I feel like you couldn't make that mistake with Yoo In Na's body...

9. [+86, -5] They're right... I remember being hit on by white kids who were 10 years younger than me. And black people don't age either. Their skin looks the same in their teens or their fifties.

10. [+55, -5] Basically a roundabout way for foreigns to say they feel no sexual attraction

-

Source: Nate

1. [+873 -51] I'm a 28 year old woman living in Canada and when I went to buy cigarettes, they asked for my ID. I asked them how old they thought I was and they said 13 or 14 ㅋㅋㅋ America as a country doesn't really care about age. If you want to be treated like you're in your twenties or thirties in your forties, head overseas

2. [+776, -31] I went to America when I was 33 and remember people talking to themselves asking why a minor was drinking ㅋㅋㅋㅋ I guess with IU and Yoo In Na's visuals, you really could pass for a choding ㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ foreigners are really bad at guessing Korean ages

3. [+457, -68] Really glad to see their friendship... I want Yoo In Na back on radio...

4. [+55, -2] My 44 year old friend was hospitalized in Canada once and all the nurses were like "unbelievable!" when they saw her age written on her info sheet. She looks 44 to me but the nurses were like "you can never tell with Asian ages"

5. [+51, -3] Yeah, westerners have very different standards when it comes to aging compared to Asians ㅋㅋㅋ

6. [+49, -4] This is true.. I turn 30 this year but when I visited Europe, everyone thought I was in high school. Seems like Asians age slower than others.

7. [+47, -3] Yeah, westerners are pretty bad at guessing Asian ages ㅋㅋ especially the less defined your facial features/body are.. Yoo In Na has a great body but she's very petite in general. As for IU.... sigh.

8. [+39, -6] Probably the same as how us Asians have a hard time guessing the ages of black people

9. [+33, -8] Asians get all happy when westerners guess their age wrong and share stories like this but it's not like westerners are giving us a compliment when they say that. Westerners aren't as obsessed with looking youthful as we are so when they're calling you young, they're not saying it like "so youthful~", they're saying it like, "hey kiddo"

10. [+29, -1] I went to Hawaii for my honeymoon with my husband when we were 27 and 30 years old... I asked someone for directions at the airport and the person asked where our parents were... ㅋㅋ

-